GLEN ROSE - The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service is hosting a six-hour, CEU approved training class is for childcare providers and directors. The topic will be Inclusive Child Care for Preschool and School-age Children with Special Needs.
Topics covered in the course will include:
• An introduction to Inclusive Child Care for Preschool and School-age Children with Special Needs.
• Supporting the establishment of strong peer and adult-child relationships in the inclusive child care environment.
• Activity based support for preschool and school age children with different developmental and functional needs.
• Helping preschool and school-age children develop self-help skills in the inclusive child care setting.
• Caring for preschool and school-age children with challenging behaviors and sensory integration issues.
• Partnering with families of children with special needs.
• Establishing a healthy and safe environment for preschool and school-age children with special needs.
The conference will be held at Lake Granbury Medical Center Senior Circle on Saturday, Feb. 13 from 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Registration is $20 per person and includes lunch. Call 817-579-3280 by Feb. 10 to RSVP for the course.