Catherine Forslee Bise, a 57-year-old Somervell County woman, is in jail facing a murder charge in connection with the death of her daughter.

Catherine Bise was arrested and booked into the jail early Monday after her daughter, 28-year-old Claire Bise of Glen Rose, was found dead at a residence.

Catherine Bise, listed as having a Glen Rose address on Highway 144, is in the Somvervell County Jail, charged with a first-degree felony count of murder.

Shelly Lumpkins, who had worked with Catherine Bise and also knew her daughter, said she remembered Claire as “just a sweet and generous girl. She was an angel.”

Claire was a former employee of Fossil Rim Wildlife Center of Glen Rose. Kelley Snodgrass, executive director of Fossil Rim, said that Claire did a good job when she worked there.

“She had a good personality,” Snodgrass recalled. “She worked several different positions. She was a good employee, and she enjoyed Fossil Rim.”

A news release from Chief Deputy Dwayne Griffin states that the Somervell County Sheriff’s Office responded at approximately 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 1, to a call on Highway 144 “regarding a deceased individual.”

Deputies made contact with Catherine Bise and determined that her daughter’s death was not from natural causes.

“Mrs. Catherine Bise was taken to the Somervell County Sheriff’s Office for further questioning and the residence was secured until a search warrant could be obtained,” the news release states. “Mrs. Catherine Bise was subsequently arrested and charged with murder and is currently being held in the Somervell County Jail on one million dollar bond.”

The victim was declared dead at 3:12 a.m. Monday by Justice of the Peace Ronnie Webb. The body was transported to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy, Webb said Thursday.

The cause and manner of death are not yet available.

The Glen Rose Reporter requested open records information on the case, but Sheriff Alan West had said Tuesday afternoon that no other information is being released because it is an ongoing investigation.

Thursday’s news release also states that the sheriff’s office was assisted with the investigation by the Texas Rangers and the Johnson County District Attorney’s Office.