Reporter Staff Report
Somervell County is offering an indigent health care program for qualified county residents.
The program was created in 1986. The Texas Department of State Health Services publishes the County Indigent Health Care Program Handbook that the county will use.
Here is a brief look at requirements:
* Application forms must be complete.
* Verification of income, termination of income, residency, household composition and resources.
* Monthly net income cannot exceed the monthly maximum income standard for the household’s size. Net monthly income is gross monthly income minus allowable deductions.
* Resources cannot exceed $2,000. The equity value of a vehicle cannot exceed $4,650.
* Eligible persons must be residents of Somervell County.
Application packets are available at the Indigent Health Care Office in the county annex building. If applicants are denied benefits, they have the right to appeal.