A 45-year-old Glen Rose man was charged Tuesday with criminal trespass, deadly conduct and other charges after he crashed his vehicle into outer security barriers at the Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant last Saturday and then fled the scene, authorities said.

The man, whom authorities identified as Bobby Lee Jarrett Jr., could not be reached for comment by press time. Sheriff Greg Doyle said Wednesday that Jarrett is expected to turn himself in to authorities.

In addition to criminal trespass of a critical infrastructure facility and deadly conduct with a vehicle, Jarrett was charged with making a false report to a police offer and duty on striking a fixture, meaning the suspect did not make a report of hitting the barriers.

Warrants for Jarrett's arrest were issued, County Attorney Ron Hankins said Tuesday afternoon.

The incident occurred around 12:40 a.m. Saturday. After crashing his vehicle into guardrail near the the security guard shack, the suspect then continued past the securities, authorities said.

His pickup truck was so badly damaged that it was not drivable, authorities said, and the man fled on foot. He later was located and apprehended near the Paluxy River Bridge.

"Alcohol is considered to be a contributing factor," Sheriff Greg Doyle said. "We believe he was impaired."

The sheriff's office "has ruled out any kind of intention or plan on the part of the driver in relation to this event," Doyle added. The man told authorities he was trying to get to Granbury and turned at the light into the plant.

The plant’s on-site security team used "appropriate security measures" to manage the event, Luminant said in a prepared statement. It did not specify what measures its armed security force used, although several eyewitnesses said guns were drawn.

The plant also took the aggressive step of declaring a notification of an "unusual event," the lowest of four emergency level classifications established by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

Comanche Peak was locked down early Saturday morning to ensure security was not breached. The "unusual event" status was discontinued later Saturday morning and the plant resumed normal operations, Luminant said.

“We are extremely proud of our on-site security team who acted commendably,” Rafael Flores, Luminant’s chief nuclear officer, said in a prepared statement.

Please continue to check the Reporter's Web site for updates as they become available.