• Win More Productions will be hosting a barrel racing Aug. 1-3 at the Expo Center.
• The Somervell County Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m., Monday, Aug. 4, at the Glen Rose Nursing Home Family room, located in the Glen Rose Medical Center. All survivors, family, and friends are welcome.
• There will be a band booster meeting at 7 p.m., Monday, Aug. 4, in the High School library. Introductions of new officers and plans for the upcoming year are on the agenda. Parents of Jr. High and High School band members are invited.
• The Glen Rose community is invited to attend two concerts featuring the musical abilities of area citizens. The First Methodist Church is sponsoring the concerts on at 8 p.m., Monday, Aug. 4., and 8 p.m., Monday, Aug. 11, at the First United Methodist Church Family Center.
• GRMC - LDL Health Fair will be Aug. 8, at the Expo Center.
• There will be a penny auction fundraiser for the Heritage Library from 5-9 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, at the Somervell County Citizen’s Center.
• Come have a great time and help find a cure with benefits going to the National Foundation for Cancer Research at the Texas Music Festival. There will be 20 bands over three days Aug. 29-31 (Labor Day Weekend) at Bosque Bottoms Cook-off Campgrounds in Meridian. There will be Texas Hold ‘em tournaments, kite flying, custom bike show, a waterslide, and CASI Chili Cook-off. Buy your tickets on-line in advance and save at www.TxMusicFestival.com or call 817-233-2869.
• Glen Rose Head Start Class is recruiting for 2008-09. To enroll, children must be 3 years old by Sept. 1. When applying for the program, you will need Medicaid card or insurance copy, child’s birth certificate and current immunization records. Family must meet income guidelines to qualify and be able to provide proof of income.
etc.). Children with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, contact Katie Burton at 817-219-9222.