• Daughters of the Republic of Texas Comanche Peak Chapter will meet at 2 p.m. today at the Somervell County Heritage Center in Glen Rose.
• Come enjoy the nocturnal beauty of Fossil Rim, watch the stars, and listen to the night-time sounds, as we venture out into the park at dark with Discovery after Dark on Oct. 10. Meet at the Eco Center. $45 per person - includes admission to the Scenic Wildlife Drive which can be used the day of Discovery after Dark or the morning after, before 10 a.m. Members receive a 10 percent discount. Recommended for ages 5 to adult. Reservations are required. For more information, e-mail email@example.com. To register, call 254-897-2960 option 4. This program is also available to private groups.
• Lil’ Mis Pumpkin Fest will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 11 for girls ages 1 to 8 years old. Entry fee is $10. For more information, contact Audrey at 898-1900.
• Paluxy Pedal & Pumpkin Festival Road bike ride on Oct. 11 over the hills and country roads of beautiful Somervell County. Also featuring a fall festival on the historic downtown Glen Rose Square. For more information call 254-573-5033 or visit www.paluxypedal.com.
• There is a sheep and goat clinic Monday, Oct. 13 at the Somervell Co. Expo Center.
• There will be a dairy farmer’s meeting Oct. 14 and 15 at the Somervell Expo Center.
• Swap and Shop at the Citizen’s Center from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 17.
• Girls’ Night Out in downtown Glen Rose on Oct. 18! Shopping special and refreshments at the shops in downtown Glen Rose. For more information call 254-897-3081.
Rosie Mimms’ Queen Contest and Talent Show starts at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18, at the Citizen’s Center. Admission is $5 at the door.
A swine clinic will be held in the Somervell Co. Expo Center Monday, Oct. 20.
Dixie Daughters Chapter 2650 will meet at 10 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 27, in the Luminant Building downtown in Glen Rose. The program will be My Ancestor’s WBTS Letters by Beverly George.
Join Coach Dunn for a little coffee and whole lot of Tiger Talk on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Administration Board Room, located at 1102 Stadium Drive.