Thirty-nine-year-old Chris Reisman was named head coach of the Tarleton Texan basketball team following Friday’s announcement that his father, Lonn Reisman, is retiring.
You have likely seen Chris in action as the men’s associate head coach, but we have gathered a few facts about him that you may not know.
1. Chris is a hometown guy. He is a 1997 graduate of Stephenville High School and was a three-year basketball letterman for the Yellow Jackets, earning first-team all district and all-region honors.
2. He is a graduate of Tarleton State University where he played basketball from 1997-2001.
3. He led the LSC as a senior in 2001 with 6.08 assists and topped the league as a junior in 2000.
4. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in animal biology in 2002 and a master’s degree in physical education in 2004.
5. Chris began coaching at Tarleton as a graduate assistant in 2002. He served as the assistant coach from 2004-2006 and associate head coach from 2006-2018.
6. He has one son, Rush, who he enjoys coaching in youth sports.
7. Chris enjoys going to the movies and his all-time favorite is Hoosiers.
8. His favorite food is cajun chicken pasta and when a sweet tooth strikes he reaches for hot tamales or milk duds.
9. Chris loves sports and not just Tarleton teams. He also enjoys watching the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks and Texas Rangers.
10. When he gets a chance to travel, he usually heads to Myrtle Beach.