Lions invite community 'to fill the shelves/relieve the hunger'
The Glen Rose Lions Club invites the community to "fill the shelves/relieve the hunger” at the new food bank – “PaPa’s Pantry." There will be an open house on March 20-21.
Every Somervell County mailbox has received the invitation to the open house of the new home of Somervell County Food Bank at 753 Bo Gibbs Blvd. A part of the invitation included an opportunity for all residents to generously support the Food Bank by donating funds so the Lions Club can purchase case lots of needed food items at special prices given by Brookshires.
It’s as easy as:
• Retrieve your mailer with the coupon or clip the form below
• Select the item with the number of cases you wish to have purchased
• Total your contribution
• Make the check or money order payable to “Lions Fill the Shelves Drive”
• Mail your donation to Lions Fill the Shelves, PO Box 2215, Glen Rose, TX 76043
• Every dollar you donate by March 21 will be matched dollar for dollar up to a total of $5,000 by the Glen Rose Lions Club. So, if you donate $25, the Food Bank will receive a total of $50 to purchase case lots of food.
• Take a guided tour of the new facility on Friday, March 20 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• As our thank you – serving from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday will be Bernás burritos and on Saturday a Hammonds BBQ sandwich
For those who elect not to participate in the advance purchase of case lots/matching gift opportunity, any donation of non-perishable food items will be accepted at the new Food Bank location at a curbside drop-off manned by the Lions from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, March 20 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 21. A Chamber of Commerce Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday.
Somervell County Food Bank received this new building through generous contributions including land, construction funds and volunteer labor.
• Let the generosity, care for those in need and love of Glen Rose Community.