Somervell County 4-H hosts recognition night
The Somervell County 4-H Club held its year-end banquet last month at the Somervell County Senior Center and handed out awards as well as viewed the club’s projects. Officers were also selected.
Guest Speaker: Kirsten Heselmeyer, a member of the Williamson County 4-H as well as the District 8 Council, spoke to the Somervell County 4-H.
Following are the award winners:
• Rookie Award: Paul Hayes V
• Bronze Star Award: Kirstyn Wilson
• Silver Star Award: Dixie Snodgrass
• Sporting Club Workhorse Award: Creedence Hankins, Kirstyn Wilson and Ashlynne Conner
• 4-H Club Workhorse Award: Ainslea Hayes, Payton Alexander and Jackson Miller
• District Recognition: This year’s members who placed first in district contests received a cooler as their recognition award. Winners include: Caitlyn Frush-Food Challenge; Kalie Paxton-Food Challenge; Kinley Reynolds-Food Challenge; Liam Miller-Record Book; Cora Miller-Record Book and Share-the-Fun; Cadey Mikulenka-Photography; Helen Hauptman-Record Book; Payton Alexander-Photography, Jackson Miller- Record Book (advancing to state), Ainslea Hayes-Record Book; Kirstyn Wilson-Record Book; Dixie Snodgrass-Record Book; and Charlie Outen-Record Book.
• State Recognition: Members who participated at state received a tumbler, those who placed in the Top 5 received a backpack. They include: Cadey Mikulenka-Photogrpahy; Kirstyn Wilson-Archery; Ashlynne Conner-Archery; Jackson Miller- Record Book; Landon Cooke-Archery; and Creedence Hankins-Archery Top 5.
• Friend of 4-H: First United Methodist Church, and accepting the award on behalf of Pastor Owen McKnight was his daughter and 4-H member, Kennedy McKnight. The award was presented by Payton Alexander.
• Friend of Shooting Club: Ramon Bunt, owner of Uncle George’s.
• Project Completion: Jackson Miller presented River Yates his banner.
• Officer Installation 4H: The Glen Rose 4-H officers are Charlie Outen (Reporter); Jackson Miller (Treasurer); Paul Hayes, V (Parliamentarian); Payton Alexander (Secretary); Dixie Snodgrass (Vice-President); and Ainslea Hayes (President).
• Shooting Club Officers: The Glen Rose 4-H Shooting Sports officers are River Yates (Reporter); Tyler Davis (Treasurer); Kirstyn Wilson (Vice-President); and Ashlynne Conner (President); and Luke Ginn (Secretary).